During the event to celebrate 20 years of Environmental Sciences at the University of Girona (UdG), held on November 22 at the Faculty of Sciences, the Environmental Sciences Awards were presented, a joint initiative of the COAMB and the ACCA which aims to highlight the role of environmentalists within society.
Joan Pons, a member of INSTA, won the second prize in the category of research activity with the work entitled “The legal regulation of environmental services in Catalonia: analysis of tools and methodologies”.
These are this year’s winners:
Category “Final Project”
– Prize: Economic and environmental viability for the use of the pruning residue of the olive tree in the South Segrià (Míriam Jové)
– Second prize: Protocol on the socio-ecological viability of the wolf (Sergi Cantos)
Category “Research activity”
– Prize: Application of proteometric techniques to optimize the growth of dehalorespiratory bacteria in bioremediation (Ernest Marco)
– Second prize: The legal regulation of the environmental services of the ecosystems in Catalonia: analysis of tools and methodologies (Joan Pons)
Category “Business initiative”
– Award: GEMMA Biomasskm0, local biomass production and distribution company in Segrià (Joan Ibars)
– Second prize: La Magrana vallesana Association (Míriam González)
Category “Environmental communication”
– Prize: We don’t throw away any food (Alfons López)
– Second prize: Greenhub, professional blog of environmentalists (Maria del Mar Ruiz)